Imadegawa hammers

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:32:32 +0100

pianolover 88 wrote:

> Well if you DID read the paragraph below, you would plainly see that
> the action, while old, is certainly not "worn out". And as for my
> saying that "any hammer" would be an improvement; that's obviously a
> fact, but I am NOT "desireing to put on the least expensive set of
> hammers". Unless you consider Abels to be "cheapies". Basically, this
> piano action will be in very decent shape with new hammers, dampers
> and bridals; not exactly a "Total overhaul", which is not at all
> necessary.
> Terry Peterson

Terry... I DID read the below paragraph,,, hence my last reply... in
which I clearly acknowledge that therein was painted a much more positve
picture of this piano then previoius posts seemed too.

 As for Ables being cheapies... Able certainly makes a cheapie line...
and they make a series of good hammers.

Without meaning to ruffle any feathers... my point is simply that any
piano worth re-hammering deserves very good hammers, and also deserves a
good quality level of refurbishment otherwise. I did by no means mean to
insinuate that you were not willing  / capable / whatever... to provide
this.. I simply expressed a bit of confusion relative to the actual
condition of the action based on posts posted earlier then that which
contained the below paragraph.

Cheers
RicB