Imadegawa hammers

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:37:29 +0100

pianolover 88 wrote:

>> As for Ables being cheapies... Able certainly makes a cheapie line...
>
> Cheers
> RicB<
>
> While you wouldn't or at least shoudn't put, say, Imadegawas on a
> Steinway, you sure should not feel compelled to buy
> THE-MOST-EXSPENSIVE, or Top-of the line hammers for an 1896 Emrson
> upright either!  ***Yes, if the customer wants to, or  can afford to
> pay the difference, fine. And I give them the options and explain the
> pros & cons so they can make an informed decision)***

Well Jimmenees there Terry... :)  I dont think I said you should buy the
most expensive hammers out there.  There are some pretty decent sets for
not so much money... and some sets you'd probably be less then satisfied
with for not so much less money as well as the top o' da line stuff.

I've used Abel cheapies a few times and they are workable... but you may
have to work harder with them to get the kind of sound you want out of
an older piano. But hey... go for it ! :)

> Again, I'd bet I'm by NO means alone on this list when I say that
> Abels is a perfectly good (albeit one good) choice.  On the other hand
> there just might be a few techs, SOMEWHERE in the world who would try
> to cut their costs to the bone by going the cheapest route possible;
> that is certainly NOT what I'm about.
>
> Terry Peterson

Again... I didnt mean to frazzle your dazzle.. hehe... or insinuate
anything in particular... 'K ??

Cheers and Peace
RicB