OT stuff, archives

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:05:13 +0100

Phillip Ford wrote:

> Uh, apparently I spoke a tad prematurely.  This present exchange almost
> makes me long for the good old days when Bill Bremmer was on the
> list.  Guess it's time to set some filters.
>
> Phil Ford

Grin... Bill Bremmer never went away... he simply goes under the guise
of other people.... More then one here has his / her healthy portion of
Bremmer Syndrom to answer for... myself included.

But seriously... got to thinking about that suggestion I had..

1:)  There is an obvious workaround to the archives problem. If the
filters are programed to work only before posts get posted to the
general list, archiving everything from that point... then one can set
up a dummy list with one email address as a recipient... a recipient to
this list. Re-filter everything going into the dummy list and achive all
that instead.

2:) As far as David Poritts concern relevant to forgetting the
signalment.... thats really no biggie at all... one can always repost a
post to Pianotech if one forgets the [arch].. (or whatever) inclusion in
the subject line.

Theres always a solution. :)  This way we can cut down on the archives
quite a bit anyways... as there is always a large portion of junk
posts... kidding around and nonsensical stuff. It would make searching
the archives much easier as well.

Just a thought

RicB