OT......Iraq Resolution..........promise...... I'll not say more. OT

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:22:14 EST

et al;
 Should you be interested in such I strongly urge you to go to the link below
and read the "Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq". for
yourself and not to rely on others for their spin of what it does and does not
say.

http://hnn.us/articles/1282.html

 There are many relevant passages but I have excerted one of the more
significant below.........
<<SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.
(a) AUTHORIZATION- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the
United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to
(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing
threat posed by Iraq; and
(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions
regarding Iraq.
(b) PRESIDENTIAL DETERMINATION- In connection with the exercise of the
authority granted in subsection (a) to use force the President shall, prior to such
exercise or as soon thereafter as may be feasible, but no later than 48 hours
after exercising such authority, make available to the Speaker of the House of
Representatives and the President pro tempore of the Senate his determination
that
(1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic or other peaceful
means alone either (A) will not adequately protect the national security of the
United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq or (B) is not likely
to lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council
resolutions regarding Iraq; and .................>>"