Old Knabe butt replacement question

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:09:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bill. I have a couple of Knabes from this era, and
seem to remember that the butts were an "Exclusive
Knabe" design which may be critical to the rest of the
unusual action geometry. You may be better off
recovering what you have. And if you need an extra set
of originals, I may be able to supply.
( But, if YOU replace with new butts, save the old
ones for me, please!) I could also use any other
pre-1900 Knabe action parts you may have lying around.
     But I would suspect that the Tokiwa butts are far
better than the Pratt-Win. Last time I used a set of
Pratt-Win ( 8 years ago ) there wrere serous accuracy
problems in the flange boring dept. Never again!
     Thump