Puzzler: instant rust (the answer)

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:17:45 +0100

Damned, just when I was ready to post that the piano rusted because it was a
Kawai, a Steinway should not have rusted, because circles of tone sort of
autoprotect the strings against undue external aggression !

But only if the casters are the good direction (toward "La Mecque").

Ok I stop , promised

Isaac OLEG
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Piannaman@aol.com
  Envoye : vendredi 13 fevrier 2004 17:50
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Re: Puzzler: instant rust (the answer)

  In a message dated 2/13/04 8:12:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mwisner@earthlink.net writes:

    Shampooed the rug.

  Mark,

  I've got to give this one to you, though it isn't exact.

  When I spoke with the owner and asked a few questions, she said that she
does indeed have the cement floor (with radiant heating) wet-mopped weekly.
I'd be willing to bet that it's far more convenient for the cleaners to
allow the floor to dry itself than to dry it by hand.  And as a bonus, it
creates that nice tropical environment...:-}

  The floor will be dry-mopped from here on in, and other measures will be
taken as well.

  Thanks for your answers and many suggestions.  As always, this list is a
veritable fount of knowledge!

  Dave S.