For your Listening Pleasure

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:17:31 +0100

Isaac sur Noos wrote:

>Well, the Scarlatti is nicely played ... (I hate to give so short
>comments on the playing, as they can be misunderstood or read by the
>player... I'd suspect the jet lag !) nowadays I can't hear really the
>instrument's tone on those recordings, hear too much defects to
>believe it is really the instrument.

Yes, internett music listening hasnt quite reached the audiophyle level
of quality the sophisitcated discerning ear would find euphorically
stimulating. But one can forgive the nett its deficiencies and,
irritating tho it may be, listen through the detractments to percieve
the overall sound quality that was meant to be. Takes a bit of practice
mind you  :)

>Too bad , it is amazing to listen to pianos from other parts of the
>word - some music from the Stephen's piano is due to you I remember,
>as pics on the actual state of the work.

In a few years time the sound across the internett will be fantastic.

>best
>
>Isaac

Cheers
RicB