Brass rail duplication

David and Julie Streit streit@teleport.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:38:11 -0800

I'm wondering if anyone knows of another brass rail duplicator other =
than Schaff.  From other techs that I've talked to, they haven't been =
really pleased with the accuracy that Schaff has provided lately and =
their pricing and turn around time seems a little unreasonable.

I have a small section (7 3/4") that I need duplicated and I really =
don't understand why I have to pay full price for something that is less =
than half the size of a normal piece.  I realize there is time spent in =
setting up the duplicating machine, but there ought to be a more =
reasonable approach to pricing considering it's less than half of the =
work.

Yes, of course I can pass the price to the client and I really have no =
gripe with Schaff other than this, but there ought to be a better way.  =
Perhaps someone knows of one.

Dave Streit, RPT
Portland, OR