rip off ?

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:13:41 -0600

At 11:03 AM -0700 2/16/04, Daniel Schreffler wrote:
>Greetings All,
>I was employed to check a Petroff 52'' piano the other day. Nice
>piano . The interested person and myself were discussing the piano
>outside and agreed that it was a fair deal. Well, when he went
>inside ,an extra 1,000.too was added to the price ,the deal fell
>thru. I referred him to the local dealer to check out a Yamaha u1,
>that I saw the day before.Well the dealer said he was already in the
>store . No money for Dan. He was in there before , a year before
>looking at a keyboard . Does anyone have anything to interject.
>Thanks Dan

Dear Dan,

 From my point of view, unless you were specifically hired by the
customer to find a piano for them, forget the idea of money for Dan.

And unless you have it in writing from the dealer, or a strict verbal
agreement, that you are to receive compensation for the actual act of
referring someone to their store to purchase a piano, once again,
forget the idea of money for Dan.

In my book just sending a customer to a store because there was a
piano that they felt was a worthy purchase doesn't validate the right
to be compensated for that specific act, in and of itself.

Sincerely,

Keith

Keith McGavern                                    Texas State Association
Registered Piano Technician                 SOONER SPRING SEMINAR
Oklahoma Chapter 731                                  March 11-14
Piano Technicians Guild                        http://www.ptg.org/tsa/
USA