rip off ?

Daniel Schreffler invader@northlink.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:57:34 -0700

Thanks =20
 I  think Marino was the only one to get it . I referred the customer =
directly to a specific U1. The customer was there a year prior , looking =
at an electric piano. He did not go back to the store until I told him =
to check out the Yamaha. Called the owner the next day to learn that I =
was not to get a referral fee. To bad . I service the entire Northern =
Arizona region plus the university. Oh well, some would rather make $ =
100.00 today instead of thousands tomorrow
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MarinoPiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 11:18 AM
  Subject: Re: rip off ?

  I sell at a major South Florida chain in addition to my side business =
as a tech and rebuilder.  If the guy was logged in a year prior and was =
being "Worked" by a salesperson, our policy is that the salesperson =
would naturally get his regular commission.
  =20
     Since you referred him and recommended a specific piano,, our =
policy is to pay a finders fee of 3% of the gross, less tax and delivery =
to the Technician, teacher, decorator, broker, etc.  This works well =
because it does not affect the sales commission and comes from the =
house.  You might suggest a finders fee for yourself as you are likely =
to make further referrals in the future.
  =20
  Arthur Marino
  =20