rip off ?

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:12:47 +0100

Daniel Schreffler wrote:

> Thanks
>  I think Marino was the only one to get it . I referred the customer
> directly to a specific U1. The customer was there a year prior , looking
> at an electric piano. He did not go back to the store until I told him
> to check out the Yamaha. Called the owner the next day to learn that I
> was not to get a referral fee. To bad . I service the entire Northern
> Arizona region plus the university. Oh well, some would rather make $
> 100.00 today instead of thousands tomorrow

Oh.. I get it.. you wanted a peice of the action :)  Undestood. Myself I
have a long standing policy never to get into being the middle man guy
that should get a finders fee. I've refused time and time again. Always
ends up being more trouble then the few dollars you can earn this way. I
chalk such adverture up to good PR...or good karma if you like... and it
has paid off many fold I can tell you.

Sales folks are notoriously jealous guardians of there commisions. I've
seen some pretty nasty stuff go on in larger piano stores I can tell
you. Guy waits on a customer.... customer is an hour late... guy decides
to chance it and go out and grab a takaway sandwich only to find that in
the 20 minutes he was gone the customer had come in and another saleman
knowingly took the sale and demands the whole commission.

I dont want any part of that at all myself. I'd rather come out with a
lot of folks owing me one or two... in a far more informal and freindly
way. Most folks will throw you a nice re-turn down the line somehow or
another... and it nearly always comes in handy.

I know thats not what you wanted to hear... but its just my approach to
the whole finders fee thingy

Cheers
RicB