epoxy tuning hole repair (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:23:25 -0500

Here is a picture of an insert. In this case I made the insert in two=20
pieces - one for the long bridge strings and one for the bass. I made=20
the edges irregular to preserve the original plate screw holes and yet=20=

get new pinblock material at each tuning pin hole location. I routed=20
out the tuning pin field and then simply cut the pinblock to fit=20
loosely. The whole system is epoxied into place. I also=A0epoxied a=20
number of 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch dowels through the original block and=20
the new pinblock material through into the backposts. Pretty solid=20
setup I should think.
=A0
Terry Farrell
=A0