an analysis of downbearing, etc.

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:27:10 EST

In a message dated 2/15/2004 10:13:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
davidskolnik@optonline.net writes:
Phil-
I will try to find the information you mentioned.  Any idea as to the
thread titles? In the mean time, maybe I'm really suffering from something,
but what is being said here?  That there is no particular need for crown
and downbearing?  That the board impedance that was talked about very
recently will exist whether the board is being compressed or tensioned?
Positive, negative bearing...it's all the same?

David Skolnik
   David
  You are correct & you are not correct. The board has natural impedace via
its mass. Bearing and crown potentiate it & change it. It doesn't seem to
matter whether it's in tension or compression as long as there is a physical stress
from string loading
  Dale