OT, but not really, the spiritual side

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:21:38 EST

I apologize for not bringing a technical issue up, but I just wanted to relay
an experience I had today.

About 1 1/2 years ago I was asked to rebuild a humble Howard 5' grand.  The
piano belonged to an elderly woman who had taught two foreign languages at a
local university.  Her daughter and son had thought it important to do the work.
 Both are accomplished classical musicians and had many memories of making
music at this piano.  Mom was fading fast so there was some sense of urgency in
getting the work done while she was still here.  Since mom was only really
responding to the music of her children I gave them a small piano to use.  When I
finished the piano, it was decided to take it to the family farm in Western
Minnesota, about 12 hours away.  Usually I would just call a mover but I felt
compelled to take it there myself.  So my 14 year old son, Kyle, and I loaded
it in the trailer and set off.

Mom died this fall.  I left the piano at her house because the family would
be there off and on cleaning up and readying the house for sale.  And music was
such apart of their memories, it had to continue for at least a little
longer.  With much sadness, I picked up that little spinet today, it was time for
the memories to end.  They will be continued on a farm in Minnesota.

Andrew Remillard
2417 Maple Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515
ANRPiano.com