ABS Parts and Objectivity of Posting

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:20:57 +0100

Dear ,

I don't know where comes your pinning problem from  The last time
Kawai representative came to the Paris Music school to check why they
dont buy Kaways  no more (while they buy all kind of brand to give
pianists choice , that is very good luxury ),  he have been shown
pianos where the damper under lever pin was out of its way, a very
annoying place to do pinning jobs.

You have made me wonder again if I was wrong with my thinking about
the ABS flanges, so I talked with my friends of the music school about
that.

Their take is that the plastic flange in Pianic actions (Poland) are
getting hard and high friction with time, while the Kawai flange are
taking much play and the part does not hold well the center.

Indeed I'll believe that you should experiment intensively before
using those parts in production, but at this time the fact remains
that the pinning is too fast wearing in those.

The verticals I've see in more little music schools also experiment
too mushy pinning.
May be you should consider an approach depending of the conditions of
use, or the continent ?

or a better cloth, firmer, or something happens with the shape of the
ABS, etc etc.

Indeed you can have all Kawai dealers and techs defending you, that
will not change the end product. I was expecting more from your brand,
as a piano lover and music school tech you should not be surprised of
my take those days.

I have even baught a RX6 for an important place in Paris, the users
appreciate the new dark green punchings, and they like the piano more
now (and by the way I had a 10 hours day prep including sanding the
keybed more than a little, intermediate bolts where not even screwed.

So here you can go on again doing your job, I have my mud suit ! stay
only polite and you'll have a better image (just a personal comment).

Bests

(Now I will go to touch my check from Yamaha !)

Isaac OLEG

Pianotech
Isaac OLEG
accordeur - reparateur - concert