yamaha p-22

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:38:05 -0800

>he client wants the Yamaha to
play like the Steinway.<

Get a Steinway! A VW will NEVER be a Rolls, Period.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: yamaha p-22
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:02:38 -0800

It's vitually impossible to get an upright to feel like a grand.  The
pr"oximity of the hammer/wippen assembly to the key and the difference
between pushing a hammer forward and lifting one out on the end of a lever
are differences that are largely insumountable (not to mention repetition
differences).  A grand piano is the best solution.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

clasical teacher who uses a Steinway "B". The client wants the Yamaha to
play like the Steinway.

 > I have tried lead weights on the keys, but that isn't doing it for him.
Any thoughts?