Upright hammers

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:58:01 -0600

At 6:33 PM -0800 2/17/04, Jason Kanter wrote:
>...The client is completely in love with this piano as it sounds
>NOW, and keeps
>asking me how the tone will change when it has new hammers. ...

Welcome back, Jason.

Got to say, man, don't change a thing just because of the wear you indicated.
It's dangerous ground to go messin' with something that somebody
already loves NOW, unless you keep that much love and give them even
more.

I guarantee you will lose for them what they love NOW, and the
chances of getting it back will be nigh impossible.

That's it for me.

Keith

Keith McGavern                                    Texas State Association
Registered Piano Technician                 SOONER SPRING SEMINAR
Oklahoma Chapter 731                                  March 11-14
Piano Technicians Guild                        http://www.ptg.org/tsa/
USA