hearts on fire

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:34:46 EST

In a message A440A@aol.com writes:

<<
the agraffe and also bear on the bridge itself.  Duh,  I have never seen
anything like this, but I bet someone on the list has. If so,  is there
anything in
particular that I should know or is it as straightforward as it looks?
Thanks,
      Ed">>

To which Dale replied:
<<"As often stated the sohmers are
frequently a salad bowl soundboard with positive bearing thru the agraffe
design." >>

 Ed.......  the Sohmer bridge agraffed thingees I have seen/worked on have
always been 'negative' bearing on the bridge, not "positive". This one, being a
"Cupid" (we'll send you a chaperone next Valentines day!:) may be "positive
bearing" but I would check awfully close before I started acting on that
assumption.
 The system generally worked well though the thingees leave a slightly
'nasal' tone. Much can be done in the way of voicing to alleviate most of the
'nasal' sound though, at least on the larger versions..............
Jim Bryant (FL)