hearts on fire

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:26:38 -0500

At 8:46 AM -0500 2/18/04, Dean May wrote:
>Now this post didn't say OT in the subject line but it doesn't seem to be
>particularly helpful in learning about working on pianos. In fact some might
>consider it a waste of time to read it.
>
>>Hey Ed,
>>    Congrats.... and.... Really? You've never seen one like that? Well....
>>they can be okay, but.... look carefully for a wave, or soundboard "roll"
>>just on the speaking side of the long bridge, from about F3 on up to...
>>oh... C6ish. It really shows up if you pour a liquid on it. Or... it may
>>not be there at all. Other than that.... OH!.... don't forget the plate
>>crack in the treble .... right on the right end, webbing and strut. Very
>>weldable. Bad scale, you know.
>>Good Luck!

Excuse me, not "particularly helpful in learning about working on
pianos"? Guy is right on thread and right on topic with Ed's original
remarks.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Did you find that listening to your father's records gave you a clue
to who he was as a musician?"
     ...........NPR "Fresh Air" host Terry Gross to Ravi Coltrane son
of John. As always, asking the tough questions.