OT Lets get down on : "hearts on fire"

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:29:52 +0100

Dean May wrote:

> Now this post didn't say OT in the subject line but it doesn't seem to be
> particularly helpful in learning about working on pianos. In fact some might
> consider it a waste of time to read it. Where are those complaining about
> off topic posting on these kinds of posts, which are quite numerous?
>
> Dean

Yes... a point that comes again and again. I guess it boils down to that
more peoples tolerance limits are crossed when OT's get into politics
and religion. Those two subject matters certainly have a tendancy to get
                        folks all hot and bothered thats for sure.

But the fact remains... if its just the masses of non topic posts
filling up the archives and slowing peoples downloads down... then
political/religious OT's are the least we need worry about.

Personally... as I've said a hundred times....  I think we do a pretty
good job of policing ourselves... and being tolerant of ourselves. We
dont always keep on a smooth keel... but by and large we are on the same
course we've always been.

Cheers
RicB