Mail Management

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:30:50 -0700

>At 2:26 AM -0700 2/17/04, Phillip Ford wrote:
>>Bill,
>>I'm not sure how you'll receive your beloved OT posts (such as
>>posts about Dale's Porsche) if you use the archive in this way.
>>Will you occasionally do searches on random terms, such as Porsche,
>>Kevorkian, Phil's latest recipes, etc.?
>
>The same way I find them in my Eudora mailbox. In the directory
>table on both...
>But that's without Andy's replies to my questions, which I've
>invited him to post here.
>
>And yes, Phil, I do love my OT posts!
>
>Bill Ballard RPT
>NH Chapter, P.T.G.

Well, since you're thinking of using the archives in this way (and
others already are) and you like OT posts, I guess the idea of trying
to keep OT posts out of the archives is a non-starter.  How about the
idea of placing the posts marked OT in a separate archive?  I notice
that we have a humor list.  Does anyone actually use that thing?
Maybe it could be renamed OT, or MISC, or OTHER, or some such, and
the OT posts put in there.  People that were interested could monitor
both that archive and the pianotech archive (which would hopefully
have more directly piano related posts).

Phil Ford