Hiss and Vinegar

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:18:43 EST

List,

I made a follow up call on the new Kawai RX-3 with partially rusted strings
after 2 months in the house.  Since her cleaners had discontinued wet-mopping
the floor, the rust hadn't gotten any worse.  I scraped a bit off, then made an
appointment to go back and clean it up as completely as possible.

While scraping oxidation, I asked what the cleaners had been using to clean
the radiant heated cement floor.  Her answer was vinegar and water.  Nothing
like an acid steam bath for a new piano...:-(

Thought y'all might like to know,

Dave Stahl