Hiss and Vinegar

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:04:04 -0700

As long as she knows now, that's what's important....

Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 8:18 PM
  Subject: Hiss and Vinegar

  List,=20

  I made a follow up call on the new Kawai RX-3 with partially rusted =
strings after 2 months in the house.  Since her cleaners had =
discontinued wet-mopping the floor, the rust hadn't gotten any worse.  I =
scraped a bit off, then made an appointment to go back and clean it up =
as completely as possible.=20

  While scraping oxidation, I asked what the cleaners had been using to =
clean the radiant heated cement floor.  Her answer was vinegar and =
water.  Nothing like an acid steam bath for a new piano...:-(  =20

  Thought y'all might like to know,=20

  Dave Stahl