... etc. Tax question

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:05:58 -0600

At 5:40 PM -0800 2/18/04, pianolover 88 wrote:
>... Also, I have a person wanting to "give"/donate their piano to
>me, and would like me to fill out and give them an "official" form
>for tax purposes. What kind of form should i use, or could I use my
>own standard invoice, showing the transaction? Thanks!

Terry,

To the best of my knowledge, it is not in your power to offer an
"official" form for tax purposes to another in the "give"/donate
category because you are a 'for profit" entity.

If they want to donate it for tax purposes, it will need to go to a
'not for profit' entity.

Your CPA should be the final authority in this matter.

Sincerely,

Keith

Keith McGavern                                    Texas State Association
Registered Piano Technician                 SOONER SPRING SEMINAR
Oklahoma Chapter 731                                  March 11-14
Piano Technicians Guild                        http://www.ptg.org/tsa/
USA