Tom Thumb piano

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:08:11 EST

Hello Mr. Wyatt,

                 Inside the small piano, (which the customer referred to as a
Tom Thumb piano), was a decal that bore the name 'Kramer' on it's harp plate.
The harp plate was cast allowing an access hole for the serial number to be
punched in the pinblock. There it bore the number 77227 punched in there with
an old time wood numbers punch set.

                  The piano was obvoiusly made for a child. As I was sitting
on a standard size piano bench, I could not even get seated properly to play
it, i.e. I couldn't get my knees under the bottom keybed area. (I don't know
how the guy plays it that way). (Obvoiusly that's not it's original bench,
either). The keyboard (I did not count the keys) had only about 3 to 4 octaves or
so, perhaps 50 keys. Old as the hills, this thing was. Old, I tell you.

rookie,
Julia Gottchall.
Reading, PA