yamaha p-22

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:52:22 -0600

At 7:42 PM +0100 2/18/04, Richard Brekne wrote:
>Dean May wrote:
>
>>Sounds to me like Keith came up with a pretty ingenious solution.
>
>Well.. I played around with my upright action model today for a
>while... and found a 3/8 increase in blow caused quite a bit of
>problems ... I can see fudging perhaps 1/8  of an inch (a little
>over 3 mm) in blow.. but adding 3/8's...  hmmm... sounds like more
>trouble then gain off hand.

Richard,

It appears on your action model you experienced more trouble than gain.

On this one particular real life example I shared of problem solving,
it turned out to be plenty of gain for the trouble.

Cheers,

Keith

Keith McGavern                                    Texas State Association
Registered Piano Technician                 SOONER SPRING SEMINAR
Oklahoma Chapter 731                                  March 11-14
Piano Technicians Guild                        http://www.ptg.org/tsa/
USA