Rock Maple Hammer Cores

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:05:50 -0800

Oh, I agree. But now we're into a whole other issue than we started out
with.

I haven't noticed, however, that open pore woods like sapele, mahogany or
walnut check any better than do closed pore woods like maple. They all seem
to glaze over in about the same amount of time. Nor have I found any of them
any more prone to creating action or checking noise than the others. Hard
and aging leather is another issue.

Del