Sohmer Agraffe Bridges - Photos wanted! - was Re: what is downbearing?

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:03:44 -0500

JimB-

There always be a chance you be right, but I don't think this is that
time!!  Does  anyone have a good picture of an agraffe bridge that could be
posted to resolve this, soon to turn violent, debate?  Lacking such a
photo, anyone with a relevant model in front of them who would venture an
opinion?  As I am remembering, the net effect of this config was to put a
major ripple in the soundboard under the bridge.  The truth aside, what was
the thinking behind this anyway, and, if it worked, why did they stop?

David Skolnik