Verituner help

Phil Ryan pryan2@the-beach.net
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 07:16:37 -0500

The guys in the local chapter have asked me to bring my Verituner for
show-and-tell  to the next chapter meeting(Tuesday), so I've been
reading through the manual and come up with a little confusion that I
hope someone will clarify, namely, Overpull percentages.

The machine lists as default three percentages 10 (wound strings); 30
(plainwire); and  36% (treble) or all.  I know you can change these and
turn them on and off as you progress up/down the piano.

My questions are, how does the piano know which strings are wound and
not?  If you highlight them "all",  does the piano change them as you
tune up or down?  The default percentages also confuse me as I have
rarely, if ever, found 10 % to be appropriate (common ) for a bass pitch
raise and 30% seems to be a little high for a default percentage for
midrage notes.  Can anyone shine a little light on this?  Thanks.

Phil Ryan