Verituner help

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:11:46 -0800

The machine is smart, but not that smart.  You must decide which overpulls
to use and when.  I have reset my lowest OP to 18%, which I use for the
bass and wound strings in the tenor.  I find that 30% and 36% work fine for
the rest of the piano.  I usually start the 36% at 1st tenor treble break,
or around note 50.  There are exceptions.  Small spinets do not seem to
require as much pull throughout the piano.  Also, I find that it's a good
idea to take some preliminary measurments at A1, A2, A3, A4 , A5, A6 before
starting and deciding on a stretch level before you do the first pass.
That will get you closer to your final target.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net