Hammer making

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:19:20 +0100

On 20-feb-04, at 22:22, Isaac sur Noos wrote:

> Isaac OLEG
>
> BTW, Andre tell us about a new press that is now at Renner . As you
> can see the presses here are compacting the felt but don't give a lot
> of tension to it. This is may be the reason why goodhammers are so
> tricky to produce. And the initial felt shaping  (before pressing) is
> also a very special job.
>
> Is that new press using a process like with the Dodge press, that is
> having a tensionning move aty the same time the felt is compressed for
> gluing .
>
> Up to you Andre, any more precision ?

Hi Isaac,

I am not allowed to disclose the details.
All I can say here is that it is a magnificent new invention, resulting
in perfectly controlled hammers.
Of course hammer making is a very complex process, and, as history
shows, it may take a hundred years to reach perfection.

so, I'll raise my glass with in it the most delicious Italian Abbruzo
and toast to perfection!

Santé!

friendly greetings
from