Hammer thief?

Phil Frankenberg rinkyd@pacbell.net
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:33:04 -0800

Today I went to check on a baldwin F (7 ft) in the band room of the =
college where I work. To my amazement and horror I found all the case =
parts off and lying on the floor, the action slightly pulled out, every =
hammer, shank, and flange assembly gone. All hammer flange screws gone =
and all case part screws gone. These parts were only about a year old. =
The whippens(which they left) and rest of the piano are 40yrs old. I'm =
wondering if someone thought they could just put them on their own piano =
or if it was a prank. Anybody else experience anything like this? I know =
this is kind of OT but I just had to tell somebody who could appreciate =
the bizarreness of it all.

Phil Frankenberg
CSU Chico, Ca.