pinblock/layers of preference

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:57:37 -0500 (EST)

As gluing in a pinblock, 5 ply bolduc to be exact.

   There are relatively thin layers, and relatively
thick layers of maple.It can be placed
so the pins grab two layers of wood, and a bit of the
third perhaps. Or other way around it grabs three
layers of wood, a fourth perhaps.

   What is your preferred way round and more to
the point. Why? In a bolduc class I heard it said
the ideal feel would be one soid piece, but that
was not possible...... This leads me to consider
the thicker layers up might have some merit. This
is not usually done this way. Why not?

                      Cheers
                      Dave Renaud