Hammer thief?

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:51:07 -0500

I am the source of those hammers on ebay. They came off a 6' Baldwin I just
finished last month. My buddy grabs up all my scrap and sells it on ebay.
Amazing what people buy on there.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Phil Frankenberg
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 12:16 PM
To: pianotech; D.L. Bullock
Subject: Re: Hammer thief?

Actually, the college will purchase the new parts, however as I am on salary
I won't be paid any extra for the work. What really hurts is that about a
year ago I did install new Renner shanks,flanges and hammers, did the full
regulation, voicing etc. and now all my work is gone.
On a side note, today I went on ebay and found a seller auctioning 5 Baldwin
hammers. Someone had actually bid 9.95 on them. Also, the same seller had 6
console hammers "with their jacks". No bidders on those.
Bizarrrrre is right!

Phil Frankenberg
CSU Chico, Ca.