Piano History..and the facts.

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:02:46 -0800

And a copy of Ted (Edwin) Good's "Giraffes, Black Dragons and Other Pianos"
as well. Sub-titled "A Technological History from Cristofori to the Modern
Concert Grand."

Yes, pianos did exist before Steinway. And Steinway is credited with much
that he simply borrowed from other builders that came before him. What he
did do was to bring together a lot of good ideas into one instrument and
then figure out how to build them successfully and, for his time,
efficiently.

Del