Knuckle removal

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:12:42 +0100

No disrespect meant Greg, and others who use a band saw... but the only
reason for doing things this way is if you want to reposition the
knuckle, and hence need a new position for the slot.

If its just to get the old knuckles out cleanly and quickly, it is
simply done by pinching them out. I routinely replace knuckles on
otherwise good shanks and never need more then a half an hour to
forty-five minutes to completely remove knuckles and clean the slots to
make them ready for accepting new knuckles.

The time consuming part of this job is to insure that new knuckles are
dead on 90¤ from the shank.

Cheers
RicB