The effects of CA glue on rebuilding

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:32:54 -0500

I just replaced the pinblock on a piano that I had put quite a bit of CA
glue on. There was no problem getting it apart. Since it is a capillary
glue, most of it goes into the pinblock, leaving very little in the space
between the block and the plate.

BTW, I did not replace the block because the CA glue stopped working. The
owner was having a PianoDisc installed and figured it was a good time to do
the needed rebuild.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

I am hesitant to CA a block on a fine piano such as
this, with such very loose pins. It might not make
them adequately tight, and the amount of CA needed
might make taking the piano apart for future
rebuilding extremely problematic.