The effects of CA glue on rebuilding

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 01:10:32 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dean May" <DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 7:32 PM
Subject: The effects of CA glue on rebuilding

> I just replaced the pinblock on a piano that I had put quite a bit of CA
> glue on. There was no problem getting it apart. Since it is a capillary
> glue, most of it goes into the pinblock, leaving very little in the space
> between the block and the plate.

    I think that's IF the block and the plate are tight together, and thin
CA is used.  I seem to recall a post from another rebuilder that found
hardened CA spread all around between the plate and the top of the
pinblock -- not much had gone down the tuning pin holes -- but I think there
was a large gap.  (?)  -- David Nereson, RPT