Lowell Gauge

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:06:50 -0500

Phil & Bill -

It's doubtful that Lowell was able to retire on all the profits he made off
the gauge.  The investment is surely sizable, and you know right off that
the Journal illustrator isn't buying one.  You'd have to make it better and
/ or cheaper, otherwise, why not buy the original?  I spoke with Tom
yesterday, wanting to share the thoughts about the use of the tool that I
and Ed Foote had mentioned here.  He explained that his personal life had
been in significant turmoil over the last couple of years, preventing him
from attending to this aspect of his professional life.  He is now planning
to take steps to provide the tool again, which is good news to me, as I've
broken mine more than once  (abuse, not poor workmanship).

Just sharing what I know,

David Skolnik RPT; DBH