OT Master Piano Technicians of America

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:42:46 -0500

At 12:18 AM 2/27/2004, you wrote:

>In a message dated 26/02/04 11:38:16 PM, gnewell@ameritech.net writes:
>
><< The point I was trying to make is that Master Craftsman is a more
>
>recognized and understood title by the general public. >>
>
>Hmmmm...perhaps so. But what does it mean? :-)
>  To put it another way 'RPT' means that one has been tested by one's peers
>and awarded the title for demonstrably achieving a sufficiently high level=
 of
>expertise in those subjects tested.

Jim,

         We could go round and round on this one but since it's been done=20
many times in the past I don't see the point. What I've stated before is=20
that primarily the only ones to whom RPT means anything is those if us who=
=20
know about the PTG organization. In my almost 20 years of piano service I=20
have met perhaps a handful of people in the general public who had ever=20
heard of the organization let alone the designation. Since there are=20
"master" plumbers and "master" electricians etc., I believe there is more=20
of a recognition there. That having been said I really don't use that=20
either. I get more mileage out of being the current Angie's List Super=20
Service Award winner!

my 2 cents anyway,

Greg Newell

>  and.... "Master Craftsman" means????????
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net=20