OT Master Piano Technicians of America

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:53:54 -0700

At 12:42 AM 2/27/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>At 12:18 AM 2/27/2004, you wrote:
>

>>In a message dated 26/02/04 11:38:16 PM, gnewell@ameritech.net writes:
>><SNIP> In my almost 20 years of piano service I have met perhaps a
>>handful of people in the general public who had ever heard of the
>>organization let alone the designation.

>Greg Newell

Greg,
     If this thread is to continue, it should move over to ptg-L. I'm not
trying to spur it on, per se, but I'd like to respond to your sentence
above, in as positive fashion as possible.
    If, as you say, 20 years has produced only a handful of general public
aware of the PTG, then you have failed a huge portion of your business
goals. Why is a "Steinway" a "Steinway"? How about "Cadillac"? Oh, the list
is endless. It's marketing, sir. Pure and simple. And.... it's as important
as anything else we do in our trade.

Best regards,
Guy Nichols, RPT