piano moving dolly

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:18:01 EST

In a message dated 2/26/04 11:22:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, Tvak@aol.com
writes:
Tom,

I moved pianos full-time for longer than I care to admit.  There are a couple
of ways to go, but as Jon says, New Haven is the place to get either of them.
 If you are just moving stuff around your shop, a swivel wheel dolly is best
for negotiating tight turns.  If you are planning to deliver to customers'
homes or any other kind of moving where you might be alone, a fixed-wheel dolly
is far superior.

You might want to get a few moving blankets as well.  They are pretty cheap,
and they can help in any number of moving and/or repair-regulation
situations(like putting an action on top of a grand lid when nowhere else is available).

If you ever get into a moving situation where you need advice, feel free to
e-mail me.  Like if you're caught in a stairwell somewhere and happen to have
your computer handy...:-)

Advice:  don't get too good at it, or you'll find yourself moving far more
pianos than you ever dreamed.

O. Miakinbach, aka Dave Stahl