tuning test questions

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:41:02 EST

Hi List,

Since I first learned to turn a pin or two almost 25 years ago, I figure it's
about time.  I'm going to take the tuning test sometime in April.  I have
gone over the PTG requirements for passing.  80% correct is required.  Does this
mean that 80 percent of the notes in each section have to be right on the
money with no variance allowed?  Is there a certain allowance of cents off?

I've been checking my aural temperaments with tunelab, and am finding that
about half of the notes are spot on(+/- zero cents), another two thirds or so
are 1 cent off on either side, and the remainder are 2 cents off, with a very
occasional 3 cent miss.  Would this pass muster for the temperament section?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Stahl
NRPTY(not RPT yet)