cheekblock/fallboard removal

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:49:38 -0600

At 10:14 AM -0600 2/15/04, Keith McGavern wrote:
>At 9:34 AM -0500 2/15/04, Tvak@aol.com wrote:
>>... Unfortunately for me the Howard grand fits into none of these categories.
>
>I'd try a rubber mallet  on the cheek blocks to see if they might
>need some persuasion to dislodge.

Tom,

I know this is kind of an old thread, but wanted to offer something additional.

If all else fails, ask the customer if they recall any other
technician ever removing that part of the piano. Get them involved.

I've definitely had one or two occasions, if not more, where the
customer has assisted me in investigating unfamiliar circumstances.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern                                    Texas State Association
Registered Piano Technician                 SOONER SPRING SEMINAR