Complete Regulation for the Grand Piano

Fri, 2 Jul 2004 07:27:20 -0700

It is a dealer problem.  Some dealers are very concientious about prepping
their pianos and some are not.  What's surprising is that so little is
often done on the "Standard of the Industry" piano, where price and markup
justify spending some time and money to get the piano up to speed.  The
other issue is who the dealers hire to work on the pianos.  A thorough prep
not only requires time, but developed skills and experience.  Dealers are
often not willing to pay for an experienced (read more expensive) tech even
for their expensive instruments.   At present it is a dealer problem, but
could be dealt with by the manufacturer.  Yamaha pianos come out of the box
much closer to ready than Steinways.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net