Sydney International Piano Competition Reminder

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:17:03 +1000

At 11:22 PM -0400 7/7/04, David Skolnik wrote:

>In case anyone missed this information from Ron Overs last week, I'm
>reposting it, so there can be a few more of you with seriously
>displaced biological clocks. (14 hour late than EDST).  I was just
>noticing that the Steinway being used by Charisse Baldoria for the
>stage IV chamber music recital seems tuned at A 444, if not a tad
>higher.  Ron, if you're reading, and listening, is this likely, and,
>if so, representative of tuning trends there?

I called Ara Vartoukian's office following you inquiry (Ara's the
local Steinway rep and the technician tuning for Competition), and
was informed that the piano should be just over 440. The pianos at
the Opera House are tuned to 442, and we are keeping the pitch of the
ABC Ultimo Centre pianos at 440+ to 441. Our usual pitch remains at
440, but the Sydney Symphony have requested that we tune to 441 for
them at the Ultimo Centre.

>  Also, any further word on Audio on demand?

Haven't heard anything further. I'll let you know once we've received
further info.

Ron O.
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY