Jack pinning...do they bend?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:26:45 -0500

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On =
Behalf Of Dave Davis
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 5:16 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Jack pinning...do they bend?
=20
Hi All,
=20
Is it possible for jack center pins to be bent on a hard blow? I service =
a Bergman TG150 (5'0") that is played very hard, and some of the jack =
pinning is getting tighter. At first I thought it might be tight =
bushings or an adult beverage spilled inside (bar scene), but I'm =
thinking the pins may be bending. The piano is 7 months old. I don't =
think the problem is a pin plating problem or graphite in the bushing =
felt.
=20
Dave Davis