Interestingly Stable

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:40:12 EDT

sec@overspianos.com.au writes:

> I seem to remember from your first post on this topic that the
> Kawai/Schiedmeyer in question was a grand? If so, do you remember the length of the piano
> and at which notes it crossed between the bass/treble bridges? I'd be
> interested to know.

Hi Ron,

It is a grand piano--C183 I believe is the model number.  I will check out
the crossover point next time I am admitted into my ex-wife's house, or the next
time I see a similar model in the field.  I also tune some of the uprights.
I did not check out the scaling and bridges on them, but now that you've got
my curiosity going, I will compare them to the many Kawais that I service on a
regular basis.

Honestly, most of the newer upright Kawais I work on become stable after a
period of 1-2 years if they are in a fairly stable environment.  The grands tend
to be a little less steady for slightly longer.  The Schiedmayers were really
nice, and it's a shame they didn't make more of an impact on the piano market
in the US.

Thanks for the information.  I'll check into the design when I have the
opportunity.

Regards,

Dave Stahl