price fixing

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:21:52 -0700

David Nereson said: " And I think PTG almost did get in trouble because of
that once or twice,
and thus the wariness in discussing prices.  Now afterwards, in the hotel
bar or restaurant, or maybe on line, in a newsgroup that's not really "100%
official PTG", it probably doesn't matter."
    Is that right, those of you "in the legal know"?
 --David Nereson, RPT

David,
That is not the case. I believe, the law reads: ".....if two or more people,
(read business people), attempt to fix a price......" Of course I am
paraphrasing, but you get the idea. That law, in and of itself is in direct
conflict with itself, in that it can be considered "Restriction of Trade",
which is another big no-no by this Beaurocratic Cesspool, IMHO!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I