Cracked Plate

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:20:03 -0500

I do not believe these are cracks in the cast iron.  If you can stick a
needle down into them, then I am wrong.  I think they look like cracks in
the gesso coating on the cast iron.  If they are in the cast iron, I would
not worry about them.  Everything is well bolted down to the very solid pin
block in that location.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

Piano World

 2732 Cherokee

Saint Louis MO 63118

314-772-6676

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Paul Chick (Earthlink) [mailto:tune4@earthlink.net]
  Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 9:34 AM
  To: Pianotech@Ptg.Org
  Subject: FW: Cracked Plate

  List Members

  A fellow tech sent me these pictures a Kawai KG-1 with the plate cracked
around the model designation.  The piano has a history of staying in tune at
A440, then after a move, the cracks appeared.  They seem to have no affect
on the tuning or stability in its new location.  Are they a concern for
later or just cosmetic?

  Thanks

  Paul C